WAC is seeking dynamic, analytical, and highly motivated individual for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) expert/ advisor. Under direct supervision of WAC Director, the MEAL Expert is responsible for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning activities of WAC programs and projects. The MEAL Expert contributes to overall program quality through improve the coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring and evaluation, accountability, and learning strategies; the emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability throughout the program/project cycle management. The ideal candidate has worked for an NGO in the programs department (e.g. design, management, monitoring) and has concrete experience with monitoring and evaluation, and tracking systems and processes.
The main purpose of this role
The main purpose of this role is to lead on enhancing the quality and accountability of Women Affair’s Center in the Gaza Strip, the MEAL advisor will bring a significant experience and effective propositions to – Orientate the MEAL department from data management role to an active role of using and presenting data for decision-making in collaboration with operational teams – assist in establishing WAC’s MEAL department to achieve this – Strengthen the existing MEAL strategy and plans, ensuring they are adapted to professional monitoring standards.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Together with WAC’s program’s team, the MEAL Advisor will assume responsibility for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of program/project interventions, developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design internal monitoring and evaluations.
- Participate in design and implementation of the MEAL plans and MEAL reporting templates for WAC programs/projects.
- Develop the capacity WAC’s program/project staff in MEAL methods and tools.
- Manage qualitative and quantitative data collection, data quality and organization in accessible database.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on collected data and produce results according to reporting requirements of each program and project.
- Identify and document stories of change and success, in cooperation with project coordinators and professionals.
- Systemize and document lessons learned, good/ best practices for knowledge capitalization, and upscaling and replication of programs and projects.
- Conduct baseline and end-line study of the project activity.
- Produce regular MEAL reports and participate in writing narrative progress and final program and project reports.
- Program design, project management.
- Experience in M&E systems design, methods and tools.
- Computer skills in MS office software (Word, Excel, Access).
- Quantitative and quantitative data analysis skills using software packages like SPSS.
- Proficiency in report writing in English and Arabic.
- Communication skills, interviewing, and conducting focus groups.
Required Personal Characteristics of the candidate:
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation design, applied survey and research
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs
- Good communications skill for presentations
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills.
At least 10 years’ experience in work with NGOs / INGOs, in Humanitarian, psychosocial, social work, health sector or protection.